On August 5, 2014, Chatham County hosted an In-Service Day at New Hampstead High School for all system special education staff. Over 500+ teachers and support staff participated in district forums with guest speakers including Patti Solomon, Debbie Gay, and Mikki Garcia. In addition, staff attended a variety of break-out sessions by various presenters with multiple topics. GLRS presented two sessions on “The Bear Necessities of Specially-Designed Instruction”.
- Chatham Special Education teachers met together at New Hampstead High School for a professional learning inservice.
- Coastal GLRS provided a display and resources for teachers to access our services.
- Jennifer Popkin is sharing how teachers can sign-up for email notices and a library patron account.
- Aaron Jackson spoke with teachers about transition services provided for students with disabilities.
- Coastal Georgia Comprehensive Academy staff highlighted their accomplishments and services in this display.
- Teachers were informed about the services provided school psychology staff.
- Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports were embedded in multiple displays such as this one by Chatham behavior specialists.